Dear Colleagues, Please see forwarded message below from South Tees CCG with an opportunity for feedback on proposed changes to the NHS Constitution. Please feed back to the link in the message and not this email address.
North East together
Co-Chair (With Alisdair Cameron) NTW Service User and Carer Network
Please could I ask you to circulate to your contacts/ networks:
Over the coming weeks, the Department of Health would like to hear from a wide range of patients and service users on the updates to the NHS Constitution.
The NHS Constitution sets out:
- rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled
- responsibilities owed to each other to ensure the NHS operates fairly and effectively.
This consultation proposes to amend the NHS Constitution to respond to recommendations made by Sir Robert Francis QC and to:
- give greater prominence to mental health
- reflect the importance of access to transparent and comparable data
- include the Armed Forces Covenant
- reflect the new fundamental standards in April 2015
The NHS Constitution applies to all those who use its many services. During this consultation exercise, the Dept. of Health want to hear from people to help to define and enshrine the values of the NHS for years to come. Please find more information here https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/updating-the-nhs-constitution all responses should be sent to:
NHSConstitution@dh.gsi.gov.uk or write to:
NHS Constitution Team